The scatter of opinions is interesting. That may mean that I did something right.
One thing that several people seem to agree on is that the depth is lacking. I forgot to mention that this is a 55 gallon tank. The internal distance front-to-back is only about a foot. The large rock in the left center has a about an inch of clearance in front and about 2 inches in back. There isn't a lot of leeway for adjusting positions.
I made little effort to create a sense of depth in the aquascape -- figuring that if depth is a priority then the aquascape should be built in a deeper tank. Instead I concentrated on using the width and height of the tank to their best advantage.
Here's another shot of the center of the tank, detailing the L. aromatica.
Hawkeye, the tank ran above 80 degrees most of the time for a couple months before the photo was taken. I think trace elements may be an issue with D. diandra. The plants in this photo are actually borderline -- some stems are in great shape and others are not. I don't really want to increase my trace dosage again, so I may try adding a Flourish tab to the substrate below one bunch to see if that helps.
A white sand foreground probably would have worked well in this tank. The foreground was originally intended to be hair grass. That worked -- even providing the appearance of relief -- until the SAEs started mowing the lawn for me. Unfortunately, placing a white sand foreground would have required a complete tank take-down and rebuild -- something that has never happened in the 17 years (or so) that this tank has been set up.