Well it's been a good day, my fishes all arrived in excellent condition thanks to kordon breathable bags and very professional service by All Oddball Aquatics, Tropical Fish, Catfish, Killies, Killifish, Cichlids, Dwarf Cichlids and Angelfish
I cant say enough good things about these guys, they are a family run business that really takes care of their fish! if you ever looking to buy some top quality fish give them a call.
Added 13 dwarf neon rainbow and 16 h.rasboras to my existing stock of 10 gold barb 9 tiger barb and 2 sae.
My tank now has exactly 50 fish, yes quite overstocked but the fish i picked are all approporiate for a 50 gallon and i am going for diana walstad's planted tank method(partially), hoping my plants and fish will take care of each other. Right now water param reads 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, <5 nitrate
In term of aquascape:
1) pulled out all the dwarf hairgrass (sae was making a mess of them)
2) replanted some pygm chain sword on the right side, hoping in time it will expand into a full carpet like the left side
3) pulled out all the water spirite, they grow like weed. Only a very tiny plant is left, kept in check by the rotala
4) pulled out all the vals that managed to grow to the front of the tank, and planted them all in the back replacing the water spirit
5) added taiwen moss / xmas moss for carpet/rock cover
6) removed taiwen moss / xmas moss, same story sae making a mess of them. only a tiny amount left, that's tied to the rocks.
7) all nutrient dosing have stopped for 2+months already
once the diy co2 runs out, i plan to stop co2 injection as well
Here's some pic