This is my first nano and
attempt at aquascaping with stones. 12x8x8" Clearseal aquarium Hood and lighting gear (18w PC T5 Interpet Triplus with (to be modified) 12" Arcadia T8/T12 reflector Hood and DIY fitment of T8 reflector Installing compost substrate (5-10mm depth) Installing quartz substrate Aquarium lighting Full-frontal Selection of stones collected from East Falkland Island
Now for the tough bit - stone composition!
Any comments welcome. I'm the first to admit that I'm a talentless enthusiast when it comes to aquascape design so I expect to be moving the stones about a lot more yet!
Aquascape will be ultra-simple to start with - carpet of glosso. If that work's OK then switch to HC and take it from there.
Quick spec - Tank
- 12x8x8" AGA (12 l. / 3 gal.) Lighting
- 8.5" 18w PC T5 Interpet Triplus CO2
- Pressurized, mist Ferts
- undecided, probably daily trace and macros when required, big regular water changes Substrate
- Loam-based compost, 1-2mm quartz Filter
- Hagen internal - 120 lph (10x turnover) Animals
- none planned yet, plan on super high CO2 to combat potential early algae issues Plants
Any comments welcome. Thanks.