I figure we need a thread for general plotting for the NEC Convention. Here's what's on the agenda:
#1 - PLANTED TANK CONTEST
Part of the display we're putting up will include entries in a nano scaping contest. Convention attendees will be voting on their favorite planted tank, the winner will receive a certificate and a goodie bag as a prize. If you would like to enter, post here, PM me, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- include your name(s), the name of the scape, and the tank dimensions so I can print up labels/plan spacing
Contest rules are as follows:
- Scaping contest is open to anyone, not just CAPE members
- Nano tanks only, maximum tank size of 10g
- max 2 entries per person
- Joint entries are allowed (but there's only one prize so you'll have to split it!)
- Tank must include at least 1 species of live aquatic plant. Inclusion of animals is recommended but not required.
#2 - SPECIMEN DISPLAY
The rest of our space will be filled with a display of uncommon or particularly nice plant specimens. Emersed, potted specimens are ideal but we're not picky - if you think it's a good-looking plant, come show it off! I'm bringing my Anubias sp. 'Gabon 2' for instance. Contact me or post here if you can bring something, include the name of the plant so we don't end up with too many of the same thing.
#3 - CARPOOLING
If you're willing to carpool, feel free to make arrangements here. I'll be going all 3 days, and can shuttle people if they're going for the whole day (and if they get to my place on time).