Originally Posted by Newt
Do not mix in a metal container! Strong potassium permanganate solution can react with the metal. Use a polyETHYLENE (not polyPropylene) container. Mix to a dark pink color. Wear nitrile gloves and splash protection on your eyes> glasses or better are goggles. It is a nasty oxidizer.
When handling chemicals always read an MSDS(material safety data sheet) first.
oh come on lets the kids have a little science chemistry fun.
KMNO4+glycerin + metal container = big flame and spark.spontaneous combustion