OEM 'pink' internal filter
7.35W 5500K LED lighting 8 hours a day
Dosing via the EI method plus Easycarbo
Plants: Microsorum Pteropus sp 'needle', Microsorum Pteropus sp 'Philippine, Flame Moss, Bolbitus Heudelotii, Anubias Barter v Nana 'Petite'
Livestock: Colony of Cherry Shrimp. Corydoras Schultzei 'black' fry (when I have them)
Substrate is plain old inert gravel with playsand along the front third.
I was getting a little bored with the way this little tank looked. It has ben for quite a while just a tank that I put my unused plants into however I decided on a whim yesterday to scape it.
Ianho from Tropical fish forums lives near me and a few months ago he brought a load of cobbles and pebbles around as I had been saying I was going to use lots of grey rocks in a new scape. They weren't what I was after however so they lay in my garden until now. I decided to utilise them for this scape and didn't really plan ahead at all. What you see below was positioned as I worked. Not much was moved around.
Then I decided that as I was putting some Rotala stems in the rear of my main tank I would remove the 'modular' plantmass I had in there and put 5 of the Bolbitus Heudelotii in the rear of this one as the background. The Philippine Fern has been suffering recently and so I chucked a lot of it only saving some of the younger bits.
Then in went the usual 'signature' Needle Fern a couple of flame moss stones and finally some Anubias 'petite'.
Some of the Anubias may actually be smaller shoots from a larger anubias that will look silly so we shall have to wait and see on that one.
This scape took me all of a couple of hours. The shrimps stayed in the tank, the thin layer of gravel was pushed to the back, water level lowere to an inch of the bottom, then sand added at the front, then I did the scaping and filled it back upwith half of the old water and half fresh water.
Was pretty cloudy for a few hours but this little filter is quite good considering it came with the tank.
I may get another mini external filter at some point and will definitely need to get a heater if the Corys start breeding well again.
In the pictures you can see I added a simple backlight. This is temporary as I am developing a new LED backlighting system for both this tank and my main tank. I may make it commercially eventually selling it around £25. Might sound a lot but wait until you see what it does
That will be next month though.