Update: 10 Days in
1. Had to dose R.M to defeat Cyno that had migrated from old tank via the java moss.
2. Surface film building up because protruding branches create dead spots on surface.
The only way I found to resolve this is to angle the spray bar up high enough to break the surface. I don't like this as it removes the injected CO2. I'm waiting on Aquatic magic to send replacement Lily pipes as the ones they sent were cracked.
3. Still waiting on nano glass diffuser to arrive....
4. Debating on getting a few Anabius petite to replace the nana. This would be souly for scale issues.
5. I had a CRS crawl out of the tank and die on the counter.
. I put in my pitbull pleco (LDA125) to pick up the slack.
Over all I'm happy with my little tank as it matures. The Zebra Danios are a little more active then I would like, but they look like birds flying around the branches.
My HC that I bought was definitely emersed growth, as it is yellowing and dying off while smaller quick growing bright green offshoots are starting to appear everywhere. I haven't cleaned the substrate as I read that HC loves acidic substrate and mulm. It doesn't hurt to give it a try.
I bumped the Co2 again to 1per 3-sec. This seems to cause the stem plants to grow larger leaves and longer nodes. Not really good for the scale of this tank.
I'm also thinking about getting some Rotala colorata to plant for some red color.
I need to change the BG. The black hides the dark wood too much. Any suggestions on color?
Updated pics before first trimming.