I'd like to do a nano contest for the club between members. It would be a great way to promote planted tanks for GPASI as well.
Here's my proposed rules:
1) Nano = 5.5 gallons or less
2) must be "low tech" - i.e. no CO2 injection. Fertilization is ok, soil is better. Excel dosing is acceptable.
3) any type of lighting is acceptable. Filtration/heater or no hardware is acceptable.
4) End date would be in July or August - to give enough time for the scape to grow out.
5) any plant that will grow in your conditions is useable. Any hardscape is useable. Any substrate is useable.
6) participants would need to set-up a 'journal' - i.e. take pictures for later use. Beginning pictures and monthly pictures needed - at least 5. If you can take detailed pictures of setup that would be great as well.
7) set up as many as you like, only one tank for submission though.
Prize will be substantial. Don't ask me what it will be because I won't tell
We'd have to have a non-member jury. I propose having a poll on the website and asking for others to vote.
I'd like to get at least 10 people involved if possible......
let me know what youns think.