As many of us in Canada are relatively new to swapping plants with each other I thought about making a post that gives "how to" instructions to ensure that we package in a way that ensures that the plants we ship arrive in the best condition.
If anyone has additional remarks please post them so we can trade trade
1) Take plants out of aquarium when ready to ship.
2) Ideally plants should have roots and if they are cuttings they should be a fair size so that they survive.
3) Wrap the plants in a thick paper towel.
4) Moisten paper towel well ( personally i run it underwater and gently squeeze out excess water so that its not dripping wet)
5) Place in ziploc bag - if not ziploc ensure you tape the opening well, you do not want water to leak out into the packaging.
6) Place in box or sturdy packaging.
1) I use Canada Post and have never experienced any issues with them. http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/rates/default-e.asp
2) I use 1 to 2 day delivery option here http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/to...n/rc_res-e.asp
3) To be on the safe side never count the day you submit the package for delivery as day 1. So if you drop of package on Monday, day 1 would be Tuesday and day 2 would be Wednesday.
4) Accordingly never ship packages after Wednesday as they may not arrive till Monday (why risk it)
If anyone has anything else to add please do and lets get trading Canada.