| | Re: New Tank Confirmation
The substrate was kind of a mess. I started with about 2.5" of eco-complete. I didn't have enough to create the slope so I bought some of the caribsea super naturals black tahitian sand. I only bought one bag, though, and that wasn't enough either, so I capped it off with Caribsea Floramax. Then I pushed a whole mess of fert tabs in there for good measure.
Looking back on it, I wish I would have thought of putting some paving stones down under the slopes to help save on the substrate.
I found some baby tears at a LFS today and I replaced the smaller stone to the left of the biggest stone with a BT-covered rock - just to break up some of the monotony in the foreground a bit. Still hoping that DHG grows in better.