Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Foofoo's ADA Mini-M

25K views 56 replies 22 participants last post by  chadly 
#1 ·
Well, I've had this tank waiting on me to set it up for some time. It took me about 2 months to get all of the equipment. It's kinda spars ATM because I'm just using extra plants from other tanks, not much hc bc it's just some I had growing in a window in an unfertilized jar with sand capped mud as the substrate :hihi: Before pictures, the boring part, the specs:

Tank
ADA Mini M (36X22X26 cm LXWXH)

Lighting
27 Watt 6500K hampton bay light

Filtration
Eheim 2213 with CAL Aqua Nano Lily pipes

CO2
Pressurized via 5LB tank with a Dazs Nano CO2 Diffuser

Substrate
ADA Aquasoil Amazonia

Fertilization
EI Method with Dry ferts

Stand
Cinder Blocks with a Pine board on the top

Hardsape
Manzanita Wood

Flora
Ammania sp. Bonsai
Anthraxon sp.
HC
Blyxa Japonica
Mystery Java fern

Possible Future Fauna
White Cloud Mountain Minnows
Otos
Snowball Shrimp
Amano Shrimp

Now, The more fun part:

See less See more
#13 ·
Foo,

Nice find on the fish. Did you get it mixed in with the other danios? It is a Barred or Tiger Danio, Devario pathirana. Looks like a really cool fish. You might want to try and see if you can get more of them and make it a species tank. BTW they do get to 2.5 inches so a group my be a little too big for a mini M but who knows.

http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.php?ID=9783

#26 ·
Great Looking tank. I love your work. The cubic moss tank looks amazing. I can't wait to see how that mini pillia grows for you. Your always so gifted with growing carpets. Your x-max moss for your cubic tank really inspired me.

Any idea what you will be doing with that manzanita wood? Are you planning on tying some moss on it, or leave it bare. I have similar looking branches of manzanita in my 10 gal now, but I don't know how it will look.

Keep us update, I really love to see where this tank end up!

#28 ·
Great Looking tank. I love your work. The cubic moss tank looks amazing. I can't wait to see how that mini pillia grows for you. Your always so gifted with growing carpets. Your x-max moss for your cubic tank really inspired me.

Any idea what you will be doing with that manzanita wood? Are you planning on tying some moss on it, or leave it bare. I have similar looking branches of manzanita in my 10 gal now, but I don't know how it will look.

Keep us update, I really love to see where this tank end up!
Thanks, I am considering putting mp on it, I'm still not sure though.

#32 ·
I turned off the co2 a couple of weeks ago, and I added a bunch of salvinia. The mp is sloooowly starting to come back in a couple of small spots. The bolbitis has really taken off since I cut the wattage in half and cut off the co2/ stopped fertilizing. Go figure.

#33 ·
Really coming together I can tell, is that duckweed for your floating plant? Just curious. I have some red-root floaters in mine and they look great, to bad my filter pushes them around everywhere lol.
Thanks, it's salvinia

#39 ·
That is very interesting, you just must of the aquascaping touch. Haha. :D

Hey is that moss at the mid-right under your dw? What is it attached too?

Looks very cool.
haha, I like to think that.
That is mini pellia attached to slate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.