March 18, 2004: Ivan Dibble
"The Goodeids of Mexico:The Endangered Family
"Ivan has kept fish since the age of five, starting with a Stickleback in a jam jar, and ending up specializing in Livebearers. After years of breeding and showing his fish, in 1995 Ivan decided to take a new direction with his hobby and began formulating a plan for the restoration of the Rio Teuchitlan in Mexico. Mexico is home to a diverse and fascinating freshwater fish fauna, with many species found nowhere else on earth. Fish Ark Mexico (or Hobbyists Aqua Lab Conservation Project) is a project dedicated to saving Mexico's unique freshwater fishes, and to prevent further extinction of the fish fauna."
Fish for sale in March
- 6 Longfin Ancistrus
- 7 Placidochromis sp. "Electra Superior"
- 6 Pundamilia igneopinnis AKA "Black and Orange nyererie"
- 6 Skiffia multipunctata - fry
- Chapalichthys pardalis - pair
- Xenotoca eiseni - fry
- Xenotoca eiseni - pair
- Xiphophorus variatus (wild strain)
- Xiphophorus xiphidium
- Xiphophorus couchianus (Monterrey platy)
- Phallichthys amates (merry widow)
- 6 Koi Angels - fry (Nickel size +)
- 6 Julidochromis Marlieri - fry (@ 1/2 ")
Plants for sale in March
- Anubias barteri "barteri"
- Anubias congensis
- Echinodorus osiris
- Cryptocoryne balansae
- Cryptocoryne walkeri v. lutea
- Cryptocoryne wendtii
- Microsorium pteropus (Java fern)
- Vesicularia dubyana (Java moss)
- Hygrophilia polysperma
- Myriophyllum matagrossense
- Rotala rotundifolia (old Rotala indica)
We will see you there www.njas.net