I only used this a couple times to see how it works, in the end however I needed as much CO2 as I could get so I ended up using the traditional method without any kind of stabalizer.
The jello bottle:
- Prepare some jello following regular recipe on the back of the box
- avoid eating it
- pour the liquid into the bottle and place it in the fridge as the instructions tell you to do
- once it's hardened, activate some yeast in warm water and pour it in the bottle
- The more water you add the better as it will quickly turn to alcohol and spoil the yeast
- when the yeast is dead after a few days, simply tip the water out and add some more water and yeast until all the jello is all consumed, then start all over again
I think it works best for smaller tanks where you don't need all the CO2 produced by a traditional 2lt bottle, it produces less CO2 but it's stable and lasts longer.
Someone posted a much better description once... somewhere, if I find it I'll copy it here.
Hope that helps