07-18-2017, 06:48 PM
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pennsylvania - Lehigh Valley area
| | DIY two-stage regulator: have all the pieces, how to assemble?
About 3 years or so ago I was going to start a new hi-tech tank project and had bought all the necessary pieces of equipment to put it together. Having gotten tired of cheaper regulators that always drift, I had also done a ton of research on the best CO2 regulator and had found a thread with a "recipe" for a very high quality DIY piece, and bought all the necessary bits and pieces for it as detailed in that famous post. Shortly after I ordered everything, we moved across the country, life got in the way, etc. etc. so fast forward to now: I am now restarting the tank project and want to assemble the regulator but can no longer find the thread that had the instructions.
This being my first attempts at a DIY reg, I don't want to get it wrong so I am listing all the components in the hopes that someone can walk me through this:
- Victor SGT500-40-4F-4F-05 stainless steel regulator (has the LP gauge already with it)
- Victor Stainless Steel 2" 4000 psi gauge
- SS CGA 320 nipple and nut
- Ideal Valve needle valve model V54-1-12
- Burkert 00463939 solenoid
- Berkert Electrical Connection type 2506
And the following Swagelok fittings:
- SS-4-HLN-2.00 (SS, Hex long nipple, 1/4" X 2" OAL)
- SS-4-RSE-2 (Reducing street elbow)
- SS-2-ME (Male elbow)
- SS-2C2-1/3 (1/8" MNPT check valve, 1/3 psi cracking)
- SS-6M0-7-2 (6mm Swagelok x 1/8" FNPT SS connector)
- SS-6M5-4M (SS Swagelok tubing insert, 6mm OD x 4mm ID) - Qty 2
- SS-6M0-NFSET (SS nut and ferrule S mm) - Qty 3
Thanks in advance for the help!
(I'll post this in another forum as well)