Here's an update.
I stole 30 minutes yesterday to do the router cuts. Here you can see the piece and router/table. I water tested it and it held water so no problems there.
As I can't take pictures and route at the same time, I can't show you that. However, here is the outcome. You see the floor of the nano has be routed to the dimensions of the tube. The shavings are incredibly sticky (electromagnetically) and stick to metal easily.
Here's a shot of the edge. I love the router.
Next was using a jig to open the hole at the bottom of it where the water will come in. I attach double-sided tape to the jig and then attach it to the bottom.
I then use an acrylic drill bit to open the hole for the router bit. It was at this moment that I realized a big mistake. In my haste, I didn't think through the jig placement. It should be on the INSIDE! This would allow the bit to follow the pattern.
Unfortunately, the jig was too big to fit in the tube and I didn't have time to make a new one. So, I went freehand. Not the best circle I've seen but it worked.
Once that was done, then I switched the router bit to a round over. This is to knock off the edges and make them nice and round.
Here is the result. Sorry about the poor quality pic. This is a shot of the top of the nano. I routed on the outside and the inside. This needs to be nice and smooth as the water will cascade over this.
Here is a poor shot of the bottom edge. I did this more for looks and safety in handling the piece. Acrylic edges can be sharp!
Next I have a couple of days of sanding and polishing.