Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Equipment (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/equipment/)
-   -   Cheap filtration for 29g (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/equipment/143321-cheap-filtration-29g.html)

dawntwister 05-09-2019 11:59 AM

Cheap filtration for 29g

Well my Eheim canister filters are not pumping water. Can't afford to buy a new 1 now for car repair comes 1st.

Any suggestions for a cheap filtration system?

Jack L. Duke 09-16-2019 06:02 AM

Re: Cheap filtration for 29g

hmm... I don't think you can find any cheap filtration system, and I always suggest don't buy any cheap filtration system. It can harm your fish health. However, if you have a money problem then visit some nearest shop, hope there you can find some cheap filtration system.

Michael 09-16-2019 06:51 AM

Try this: https://www.breeder.direct/ This is a new business that specializes in buying and selling used equipment. Their inventory changes quickly, so call or email to see what is available. I think they will ship non-livestock items.

mistergreen 09-16-2019 07:29 AM

If you can figure out what part of the filter isn't working, you can buy replacement parts on amazon or something. Cheaper than buying a new system.

dawntwister 09-16-2019 10:07 AM

What I need is the bucket for my Eheim ecco 2232.I can't find it. Eheim company tells me their items are sold on Big Als Pets. Got my Eheim 2213 working and decided to complement it with a powerhead which will have a prefilter added to it.

hoppycalif 09-16-2019 10:10 AM

When a filter pump, powerhead, etc. stops working you can often just remove the rotor in the pump and clean it good, and it will work fine. Those pumps need regular cleaning, as a general rule.

dawntwister 09-16-2019 10:31 AM

Well the bucket needs replacing, for the handle will not stay on due to some plastic where the clip hangs on is chipped. Not certain if that is the only thing wrong with it. Last time I tried to use it the water back flowed.

Well today I decided to call Eheim and they had a return so I was able to buy the bucket. :p

dawntwister 09-16-2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppycalif (Post 1000659)
When a filter pump, powerhead, etc. stops working you can often just remove the rotor in the pump and clean it good, and it will work fine. Those pumps need regular cleaning, as a general rule.

Well my problem with Eheim 2213 started after I cleaned the inside. Thus took everything apart and put it back together and it worked. Possibly still some gunk stuck in it. Got to clean it more often.

WilliamBowman 02-25-2020 12:19 AM

I do not recommend low-cost filters. You can find the Tetra Whisper in-Tank Filter at Amazon for about $ 15. They work great for 29gallon fish tank

FishBro 04-02-2020 10:30 AM

For cheap the first place I would start is getting on FB marketplace or a local FB aquarium group and see if any one has a used AquaClear or Aqueon filter available. If you get them used they can go for way less than retail.

If you cannot get it used, I would recommend either AquaClear or Aqueon. Aquaclear is my preferred, but Aqueon can be cheaper. Aquaclear has not been changed for years for a reason. It's a timeless design that is very flexible with the media it can hold and the Italian engineering will outlast all the other cheapo Chinese power filters you can purchase out there.