Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   APC Forum Support (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/apc-forum-support/)
-   -   Why is Wiseguide Deals spamming the forum again? (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/apc-forum-support/143887-why-wiseguide-deals-spamming-forum-again.html)

Michael 11-27-2019 02:40 PM

Why is Wiseguide Deals spamming the forum again?

More spam from this "vendor". I have tried to ban them but can't. I thought we had solved this problem back in July.

hoppycalif 11-28-2019 06:43 AM

re: Why is Wiseguide Deals spamming the forum again?

I read the rules for vendors, and I couldn't see what they are doing that is against the rules??? I probably just skimmed over the boring rules and missed it.

Michael 11-29-2019 01:45 PM

Re: Why is Wiseguide Deals spamming the forum again?

The problem is that their posts are only occasionally aquarium related. The one I just deleted was general pet supplies (dogs and cats) and in the past they have advertised housewares, furniture, etc.

hoppycalif 11-29-2019 02:00 PM

They should get a vendor forum and put their posts there. I see the problem when they put their posts in the General forum. Don't they need to pay to get a vendor forum?

CRS Fan 11-29-2019 09:24 PM

Why is Wiseguide Deals spamming the forum again?

We had them spam BC Aquaria in the last couple or so days too. I believe they have paid Vertical Scope (the owners of a number of forums) for ads. Iím a mod on BC Aquaria and I couldnít ban them or their IP (I also believe their content is irrelevant). The times are a changing!

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael 11-30-2019 05:12 AM

Thanks, CRS. Yes, it seems they have some kind of agreement with Vertical Scope but no one will tell us the terms. I will continue to delete their posts until someone takes away my moderator card, lol.

Cavan Allen 12-04-2019 12:25 PM

Banned.

CRS Fan 12-04-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavan Allen (Post 1001943)
Banned.

I wish I had your magic powers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael 12-04-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavan Allen (Post 1001943)
Banned.

Excellent! How did you do it? Or is this one of your secret super powers?

Cavan Allen 12-04-2019 06:06 PM

I have an admin menu I can do stuff like that from. Also kinda doubt he had a legit agreement with anyone.