Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Southern California Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (SCAPE) (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/southern-california-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts-scape/)
-   -   LFS Long Beach: All About Fish (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/southern-california-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts-scape/14997-lfs-long-beach-all-about-fish.html)

guppy 03-26-2006 02:08 PM

LFS Long Beach: All About Fish

I went out to All About Fish in Long Beach and talked to Edward he is #2 in the operation. The place was really good I thought it was better than Ocean Blue in Orange. This could be another potential meeting spot for the people closer to LA for some. He was willing to try and set something up. Again I was really impressed with the place. They had a planted display tank as their main tank. Their main focus was freshwater specialty into the plecos.

All About Fish
2535 E. Broadway Ave.
Long Beach, CA 90803
(562) 438-4148

thanks for whoever posted about this place.

slickwillislim 03-26-2006 04:15 PM

I just went there today. I mentioned I had a planted tank and he told me about a planted aquarium club interested in meeting there. I assume he is very interested because he is already telling people about it.

I am interested in apistos and he mentioned that he was going to get a few different types of cacs in.

I also bought some tiger shrimp from him I will keep you guys informed on whether they survive.

He had some glosso and some dwarf hair grass and some microsword just name a few that I was interested in but didnt buy.

I would really like this to be our meeting place since its so close to me and the guy told me he was interested in planted aquariums.

John P. 03-26-2006 05:14 PM

Could be a good candidate.

turbomkt 03-26-2006 10:10 PM

The nice thing is we don't (shouldn't) have to focus on one store. We seem to be getting a good mix of locations (www.frappr.com/scape) and once more people admit where they live to at least the zip code level we can probably try for a once every 3 months big meeting and localized meetings monthly.

Just a thought.

jeff63851 03-26-2006 10:34 PM

hey slickwillislim, do you still remember how much the glosso cost? I think I might check out the store tomorrow. I don't know, but shouldn't psidriven and I be in the Los Angeles County region, and not the San Diego Region?

Thanks

-Jeff

turbomkt 03-27-2006 08:03 AM

Jeff,
That's either a result of when you signed up it didn't take your location right and gave the default, or their database is screwy. I've fixed it, though.

John P. 03-27-2006 08:45 AM

i have some glosso if you need some.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff63851
hey slickwillislim, do you still remember how much the glosso cost? I think I might check out the store tomorrow. I don't know, but shouldn't psidriven and I be in the Los Angeles County region, and not the San Diego Region?

Thanks

-Jeff

slickwillislim 03-27-2006 04:12 PM

They only had one pot left and i dont know the price. It was all maybe 2 inches or so tall since it was shaded but it didnt have any algae that I could see. They get new plants late on wednesdays. Sorry I cant be more help I was just browsing and happened to notice it.

Abe Froman 03-27-2006 11:15 PM

The actual owner of the store is Kirt and he is really into planted tanks. I was in today to check out the monday fish shipment (some nice apistos and plecos that will likelly be gone quick) and he mentioned that one of the staff had talked to some folks about possibly meeting there. He didn't have more info than that at the time. I have since sent him an email to let him know about SCAPE and I am sure he wouldn't have a problem with meeting there.

Quote:

The nice thing is we don't (shouldn't) have to focus on one store. We seem to be getting a good mix of locations (www.frappr.com/scape) and once more people admit where they live to at least the zip code level we can probably try for a once every 3 months big meeting and localized meetings monthly.
That seems pretty reasonable. You could even rotate the big meetings between areas every 3 months so have one in SD then 3 months later OC, then 3 months later LA, etc... I wouldn't mind helping to organize a meeting here in LBC or even help organize an LA County or Southbay group for SCAPE if there is interest.

turbomkt 03-28-2006 06:27 AM

Thanks, Abe! Feel free to point him to the forum here so he can see the interest level.