Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Southern California Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (SCAPE) (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/southern-california-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts-scape/)
-   -   LFS Long Beach: All About Fish (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/southern-california-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts-scape/14997-lfs-long-beach-all-about-fish.html)

guppy 03-28-2006 07:07 AM

hahah I already did that.

TetraFreak 03-28-2006 07:24 AM

If the owner of the LFS that is a plant fan like the rest of us is willing, perhaps that location would be great to setup a DIY CO2 "how to" session. I'm sure if they had the supplies on-hand at a low cost, then the general public might want to check it out as well.

Abe Froman 03-28-2006 08:16 AM

That would be simple enough. Would also be cool to have people bring in samples of DIY diffusers/reactors.

Another topic of interest is retrofitting eclipse hoods. He just did a retrofit of an eclipse 3 in the store so a demo of that might be of interest to those who haven't already gone the AH route.

frugalfish 03-28-2006 08:38 AM

Glad to hear this store may be interested. I'm planning on checking this place out this week.

guppy 03-29-2006 08:35 PM

I didnt know they have this customer loyalty program where you get a little card bring it everytime and you get 5% back of your original purchase and it works like cash.

slickwillislim 03-30-2006 03:08 PM

Yeah he gave me one of those cards last time. I only spent like ten bucks to on some tiger shrimp. Nice guy. I have 50 cents whooopeee.

chromeburn 04-04-2006 09:01 AM

FWIW, i stopped by there to pick up some basic supplies (much prefer to shop at locals store than.. oh.. PETCO-LAND).
The guy there was great (i forgot to get his name), answered all my silly questions, didn't mind that my girlie and I were basically just wandering around for 20 minutes staring at fish and plants, offered to test my water, and gave me some plant suggestions... basically did EVERYTHING that I would ever expect an LFS to do.
Color me impressed and I'll be back often.

Gomer 04-04-2006 09:46 AM

I guess I am going to have to make a stop on by there sometime :)

cwlodarczyk 04-04-2006 11:23 AM

Ok, my turn... I stopped in there last Sunday. Great store. Lots of plants, though not much for supplies. Talked with Kirt for a while - really nice guy.

I picked up an ozelot sword, a nice piece of driftwood, and a few false rosy tetras while I was there. This place will definately be on my list of "good" stores to visit even though they're not particularly close to home for me.

I also emailed Kirt a link to this board and SCAPE - I didn't recieve a reply email from him but we'll have to see if he turned up here.

guppy 05-07-2006 06:50 PM

Went there yesterday saturday they had Crystal red shrimp in along with bee shrimp. Heads up here also some really cool things that I haven't seen before. A lot of Apistogramma spieces along with some other fish that aren't very common in the hobby.