Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Southern California Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (SCAPE) (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/southern-california-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts-scape/)
-   -   1st SCAPE Meet & Demo April 22 @ 1 p.m. (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/southern-california-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts-scape/15398-1st-scape-meet-demo-april-22-a.html)

jsenske 04-23-2006 06:14 PM

Sounds like a great day!
Did someone say the substrate that "mostly" made it there?? Was there not enough or some shipping damage or something?? Sorry if I screwed up or anything. I was pretty sure I understood dimensions and quantity needed.

Gomer 04-23-2006 06:25 PM

was a great day. UPS decided it was fun to deliver only a part of the substrate. ..1 of each bag. since we only had a small amount of Aquasoil, we used it for the stems in the back and use that other class substrate that is almos tlike it (can't think of the name) for the rest. There was a lot of imprompty stuff at the event, but we all pulled through. Good times :)

John P. 04-23-2006 06:32 PM

Red Sea Flora Base. I've never used it before.

The tank should look well in a few weeks. We didn't have as many stems as we would have liked to have a lot of density at the outset.

Fun nevertheless!

frugalfish 04-24-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank all of you that participated in yesterday's event. I especially would like to thank John and Tony for leading the activities and coordinating the event. Well the tank looks 100x better this morning than it did yesterday, it has cleared up nicely. I'll post pictures periodically to show the tanks' progress.

If you missed my announcement we are now officially an ADA dealer and will be stocking most ADA substrate in the coming weeks. If you are looking for any other ADA products, please let me know and we will be able to assist you. Thanks again for stopping by and being a part of our first ever event to Ocean Blue. We will hold more events in the near future. Stay tuned!

Regards,

Brian
Thanks you very much for hosting this event and being so generous. Glad to hear the good news that you will be caring the ADA line as well. Looking forward to future events.

frugalfish 04-24-2006 07:58 AM

Quote:

John,
Since your PM's are full

Thanks for the info on the angustifolia. I'll try to keep a little around until I try my hand at a pond
Hey, share the info. I have this plant and I do some summer "tubbing" and I may put a pond in this year.

turbomkt 04-24-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frugalfish
Hey, share the info. I have this plant and I do some summer "tubbing" and I may put a pond in this year.

David,
I'll be sure to share if it ever happens. I just broached the idea of the pond with the wife yesterday and her only requirement was the baby has to be big enough to get himself out if he falls in. The reason I thought of a pond for this stuff is it seems to have such a stiff stem that it would lend well to emmersed growth.