Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   South Western Ohio Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/south-western-ohio-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts/)
-   -   Help with Cafe (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/south-western-ohio-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts/34499-help-cafe.html)

Six 12-13-2006 09:49 AM

Help with Cafe

Hey guys. A friend of mine is on the board for CAFE (the Columbus fish club) and we're talking about revamping it A LOT. We want to have larger, bimonthy meetings at a better location with swaps, raffles, and auctions at each. I'm going to post more info as we make it (lol), and we're going to try to make this better, and more fun and worthwhile than it has been. I will be bringing plants and shrimp to auction.

I'll let you guys know more details as we make them. I'd love for you guys to be able to help us make this club something.

thanks and any insight will be MUCH much MUCH appreciated!

Liz

sarcare 12-13-2006 03:20 PM

A better location would be soooooo nice. I live in the campus area, and don't go out to the south part of town at all. If something was held nearby I'd be much more likely to show up with plants to trade! Of course, I'm not in Columbus right now, since school is out, but I might be able to help when I get back.

MatPat 12-13-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Six (Post 256341)
Hey guys. A friend of mine is on the board for CAFE (the Columbus fish club) and we're talking about revamping it A LOT. We want to have larger, bimonthy meetings at a better location with swaps, raffles, and auctions at each. I'm going to post more info as we make it (lol), and we're going to try to make this better, and more fun and worthwhile than it has been. I will be bringing plants and shrimp to auction.

I'll let you guys know more details as we make them. I'd love for you guys to be able to help us make this club something.

thanks and any insight will be MUCH much MUCH appreciated!

Liz

Some of us Dayton and Cinci folks may be interested in coming to an auction if you let us know when it is. Some may be even more interested if there are shrimp involved :)

I'm looking forward to hearing some more details...as long as it doesn't interfere with SWOAPE meetings I could probably attend a CAFE auction or two. How often do you hold meetings now?

Six 12-14-2006 03:00 AM

sarcare- we're trying to get a resturant banquet room in the Hilliard area. we can eat, drink, and talk fish!

matt- we're thinking of having meetings every 2 months (thats what i meant by bimonthly, lol) and making them "events" rather than monthly meetings. What i mean is that we want to make things exciting/fun instead of a chore and a bore. :D
All of the people involved want to make this thing fly, but it's only what we make it, right? hopefully we get some variety of tastes and hobbyists to come by to make the mini-auctions interesting. :)

I'll let you guys know when we move the location. the first 4(ish) meetings will have to be held at the library in Groveport until we can get the new meeting place to agree (which they are a friend of a friend, so it should work).

Six 12-21-2006 11:32 AM

CAFE February Meeting!

I've also changed the site a good deal to reflect this century. :) lol .

I plan to bring a lot of plants this meeting. I'm also thinking of bringing some used halide bumbs for plant tank-use.

redstrat 12-21-2006 03:33 PM

what date is the Feb CAFE Meeting I might like to attend, the talk about apistos sounds interesting.

Six 12-21-2006 05:47 PM

meeting info

February 23rd 2007

Six 12-24-2006 01:22 AM

here's a quick banner i concocted. :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/Sixy/febcafe.jpg

ok, so it took me forever to teach myself photoshop. lol. not a bad start tho. hope some people can make it! :)

MatPat 12-24-2006 04:04 PM

I'd like to try and make it up to this meeting to see how another smaller club works. Maybe I can bring a few folks up with me if there is enough interest. I like Apistos and hopefully by then I will have a tank free :D

Nice job on the banner Liz!

MatPat 01-02-2007 04:10 PM

Liz,

Do you have a contact phone number for the meeting? I am hoping to attend but if I get lost, it would be nice to be able to call for directions ;)