Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Southern California Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (SCAPE) (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/southern-california-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts-scape/)
-   -   Requested Fish (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/southern-california-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts-scape/35450-requested-fish.html)

allaboutfish 01-08-2007 11:15 AM

Requested Fish

Hello Everyone,

I have a few fish in today that I have had several requests for.

Also, I have a new supplier for some more exotic plants, and I will be ordering from them in two weeks. I will let you know what I get in, but PLEASE feel free to post anything that you are interested in, and I will see what I can do to get that for you.

Corydoras Harbrosus
Corydoras Hastatus
Scarlet Badis
Green Kubotai Rasbora
Apisto. Agassizzi Double Red
L128 Blue Spot Pleco
Albino and regular Veil-fin Bushynose pleco

Galaxy Rasbora $5.99

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

Kirt
All About Fish
2535 E. Broadway Ave
Long Beach, CA 90803

ihooklow 01-08-2007 05:05 PM

Kirt,

How much are the Green Kubotai?

I missed these last time.

Thanks,

epicfish 01-08-2007 09:31 PM

Not sure if you have these guys, but I'd be interested in a few Corydora pygmaeus.

Thanks.

erijnal 01-08-2007 10:56 PM

CORYDORAS HABROSUS YEAHHHH!!!!

I'm visiting your store over the weekend to pick some of these guys up =].

turbomkt 01-09-2007 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erijnal (Post 263320)
CORYDORAS HABROSUS YEAHHHH!!!!

I'm visiting your store over the weekend to pick some of these guys up =].

I'm guessing Cassie may try to beat you there ;)

Thanks, Kirt! You're quickly getting a customer base that ranges much farther than you expected :prayer:

Tonka 01-09-2007 04:52 AM

I'll also stop by when I am next going to LA about Jan 17.

allaboutfish 01-09-2007 11:05 AM

The Green Kubotai are on special for $3.99

I just ran out of the Corydoras Pygmaeus. I am sure I can get those again.

I will be on a little fish collecting adventure for a week, Wed-Wed, so I will not be in the store. I will have access to email, [email protected] or to threads here if anyone has any questions.

Hope everyone is well,

Kirt
All About Fish
2535 E. Broadway Ave
Long Beach, CA 90803

Cassie 01-09-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbomkt (Post 263336)
I'm guessing Cassie may try to beat you there ;)

Thanks, Kirt! You're quickly getting a customer base that ranges much farther than you expected :prayer:

You bet I'm going to try! Thankfully I have tomorrow off. Oh, wait...I just remembered that I have 9 c. sterbai in my 5g QT tank. I probably shouldn't put more in. Ah, such bad timing (although I got a great price on the sterbai...$21 for all 9)!

paradise 01-10-2007 12:51 PM

I would not mix habrosus and sterbai in the tank. They dont look right, those are like 1/3 the size. They work really well in groups, the things are SO adorable. I have a few and plan to get a ton from Kirt once my HC settles in after a month or two. They look great when you get like 20-25. Easy to take care of too. I have 3 in a 1.5g tank and they are just so cool

erijnal 01-10-2007 03:00 PM

Someone who was there said Kirt had at least 200-300 of the habrosus, so I'm not too worried about someone beating me there =]

epicfish 01-10-2007 05:36 PM

How much are the C. pygmaeus and C. hasbrosus?

epicfish 01-10-2007 11:30 PM

Kirt, do you think you can stock Pseudomugil gertrudae too?

Cassie 01-10-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradise (Post 263923)
I would not mix habrosus and sterbai in the tank. They dont look right, those are like 1/3 the size. They work really well in groups, the things are SO adorable. I have a few and plan to get a ton from Kirt once my HC settles in after a month or two. They look great when you get like 20-25. Easy to take care of too. I have 3 in a 1.5g tank and they are just so cool

Yeah, I'm not intending on mixing them, and if I did, it would just be for QT. I have plenty of sterbai for my big tank that I'll be getting later this year, and hopefully, as they grow, I'll be getting many more babies. The guy I got these from breeds his in tap water, so...

I think I should probably wait until I move and get my big tank set up, which will empty my 29 which will be turned into a "dwarf" tank with microrasboras, dwarf gouarmis and dwarf corries

Kitishane 01-11-2007 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epicfish (Post 264110)
Kirt, do you think you can stock Pseudomugil gertrudae too?

The last time I was in, he had a few of these lovelies in one of his tanks. I was tempted to pick them up myself, but decided on the "Rummynose Rasbora" (sawbwa resplendens).

He also sold us a two beautiful male Pseudomugil Signifer a while back, who are in our 120 g tank! I'd like a few more to be honest, preferably females, since their "dancing" (if you've ever seen a Signifer, you'll know what I mean) is just gorgeous, and I can only imagine how much more it would become with some females to show off for!

My request, other than some female Signifer's, would be more Goo Obo Gudgeons. I think that, aside from my clown loaches, these have to be my favorite fish ever. My husband and I love them so much that we're converting our 30g into a gudgeon tank as soon as we relocate it's current inhabitants.

John P. 01-11-2007 10:39 PM

I picked up some gertrudaes from his store a few months back.

paradise 01-12-2007 04:00 PM

Like Kirt always says, JUST ASK :) Seriously, you ask and it shows up soon enough. He's listening. When was the last time LFS owner did that :)

John P. 01-12-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradise (Post 264711)
Like Kirt always says, JUST ASK :) Seriously, you ask and it shows up soon enough. He's listening. When was the last time LFS owner did that :)

Exactly. I don't even go anywhere else now. And it certainly doesn't make sense to order online.

epicfish 01-15-2007 10:06 PM

What would look better in a 40 gal. breeder tank? The dwarf cory species, or regular cories, is: sterbai, pandas...etc?

erijnal 01-15-2007 10:16 PM

Unless you get a lot of dwarf cories, I'd go with the bigger ones like panda cories.

Panda cories are awesome. Only thing is that you're going to have to keep in mind the price difference between the dwarf cories and the bigger ones.

paradise 01-16-2007 12:59 AM

See, I prefer a big school of the dwarf ones in a smaller tank. I used to "collect" cories, and still have a few dozen in the 180g but they look better to me in at least a 4 foot long tank. In a smaller setup, a big shoal of the dwarf ones are just adorable to watch, because unlike the big cories, they school pretty well in a tight group and go up and down the glass, quite a spectacle. My others tended to separate into twos and threes and just chill.

I do like Pandas, and sterbais, too.

epicfish 01-16-2007 08:00 PM

I'm getting mine through the fish distributor on the private SCAPE forums. $1-$2 each for the larger cories. Haven't yet found a cheap source of dwarf cories. I'm guessing around 12-15 of them for my 40 gal. breeder.

allaboutfish 01-16-2007 08:30 PM

I will see what I can do to get some P. getrudae back in. I think I am low on supply right now (I am on vacation....).

Also, again, I am ordering from a new plant supplier next week. Please post your requests for anything unusual, they have a nice supply and I will see what I can do to get anything for you.

Take care!

Kirt
All About Fish
2535 E. Broadway Ave
Long Beach, CA 90803

ihooklow 01-18-2007 08:45 AM

Kirt,

If your new supplier has Cryptocoryne parva available I will buy as many as I can get for about $25.

Let me know.

Thanks again. Great store.

- Michael.

epicfish 01-30-2007 08:05 PM

Corydora pygmaeus
Rasbora espei

How much are your panda cories?