Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Delaware Valley Aquatic Gardener's Association (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/delaware-valley-aquatic-gardeners-association/)
-   -   The Hidden Reef reopened (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/delaware-valley-aquatic-gardeners-association/36250-hidden-reef-reopened.html)

Yukilovesfish 01-25-2007 01:21 PM

The Hidden Reef reopened

thehiddenreef.com

FYI for people local to Northeast Philly...I'm glad they were able to open their store again after such a huge fire. I'll probably go check it out this weekend, currently just dry goods.

Emc2 01-25-2007 02:19 PM

Good news. Once they get the tanks up and running I'm on my way.

Yuki, not to hijack your thread or anything but pm me if your still looking for low light plants. I have some narrow leaf java fern and a few other things you may be interested in.

Yukilovesfish 01-26-2007 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emc2 (Post 269573)
Good news. Once they get the tanks up and running I'm on my way.

Yuki, not to hijack your thread or anything but pm me if your still looking for low light plants. I have some narrow leaf java fern and a few other things you may be interested in.

Yeah sounds like they're going to have a larger tank selection, I hope this time they stray from purchasing painted fish. That always bothered me...

I also sent you a pm about the plants, thanks!

Emc2 01-26-2007 06:12 AM

I agree on the painted fish but they sell well in certain parts of Philadelphia. I'm afraid they are here to stay. I was horrified the first time I saw dyed chiclids in South Philly.

Brilliant 01-26-2007 02:04 PM

Wow thanks for the heads up! I knew they were going into the old ballroom and checked their website often for news. I loved that store!
It is going to be WAY better! The new location is much bigger!

Oh yeah they should leave out the painted fish...

Yukilovesfish 01-28-2007 08:14 AM

I stopped by yesterday to check the new store out. Wow it was much bigger than I had expected! The space is much nicer than their last store, and already they have fair amount on the shelves. I can't wait for the fish room to open I think it will be nice....oh and I love how it's closer to where I live! :mrgreen:

Yukilovesfish 01-28-2007 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emc2 (Post 269744)
I agree on the painted fish but they sell well in certain parts of Philadelphia. I'm afraid they are here to stay. I was horrified the first time I saw dyed chiclids in South Philly.

Erin I find that so strange, if only people were more educated. Those poor fishies... :(

Yukilovesfish 02-03-2007 10:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple pics of the store, it is difficult to tell how large it is...

Yukilovesfish 02-03-2007 10:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some more...

Emc2 02-04-2007 12:58 PM

Looks like there will be a decent supply of dry goods for the average hobbyist. Now if they start carrying supplies for planted tank people I'll be impressed.