Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   South Western Ohio Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/south-western-ohio-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts/)
-   -   Endlers Locally ??? (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/south-western-ohio-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts/39351-endlers-locally.html)

Yzfr6 04-15-2007 07:49 PM

Endlers Locally ???

I was wondering if anyone in the SWOAPE community knows a good place locally to buy these fish. I was thinking of stocking my 30 gallon with these guys. does anyone know of any problems or concerns for these fish?

Six 04-15-2007 11:00 PM

Re: Endlers Locally ???

If youre ever in Columbus, I think Aquarium Adventure gets them in from time to time. They are not as nicely colored as they used to be (a little too bred these days perhaps), so it's going to probably be hit or miss.
The only word of warning I have is just make sure they arent being mixed with regular guppies so that you know they are the wild form and not a mix. There were some nice ones at the GCAS auction Saturday and i dont like many livebearers! :) So, I'm guessing if you check their site and forum (google it i guess, im not sure what it is) you may find the breeder...?

GL!

CincyCichlids 04-15-2007 11:12 PM

They're great! I have a ton and they do great in my planted tanks. Contact Endlerman on here.. I have his stock, and they are top of the line!

Troy McClure 04-16-2007 04:59 AM

Wayne has them, Matt has them, Sean might still have some. There might be a couple others.... I have to call Monfort later today about some pond netting, I'll ask if they get endlers in.

Yzfr6 04-16-2007 07:23 AM

Thanks guys I will contact endlerman or if anyone has any for sale and would like to bring them to the meeting that would be great...

MatPat 04-16-2007 02:48 PM

If Wayne (Endlerman) doesn't have any I can bring some juveniles to the meeting :-) I probably hae enough to supply everyone that doesn't already have them so if anyone else has in interest in some Endlers PM :-)

CincyCichlids 04-16-2007 04:45 PM

I'll have some in my tanks too... in one of my 75 in planted tanks I keep sorting out young males.. probably about 20 or so thus far. If no one else can come up with some, I'll have some for you :) (plus I bet I'll be at the meeting ;) )

deepdiver 04-16-2007 05:00 PM

I'm not really local, but I could ship some Priority if you need them quick. I'm in the Detroit area. Right now I have 5 or 6 nice, colored-up males I could spare. I'll also send some females to keep them company.

Yzfr6 04-16-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepdiver (Post 294294)
I'm not really local, but I could ship some Priority if you need them quick. I'm in the Detroit area. Right now I have 5 or 6 nice, colored-up males I could spare. I'll also send some females to keep them company.

PM sent

Rob Tetrazona 04-16-2007 05:29 PM

Yep, Old Man Endler (aka. Wayne & Endlerman) is Nationally renowned for his Endler stock and is just a car ride away. Bring your wallet, because he also has plenty of other really nice fish.