Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   New to Planted Aquariums (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/new-planted-aquariums/)
-   -   Dwarf Hairgrass (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/new-planted-aquariums/40937-dwarf-hairgrass.html)

houseofcards 06-19-2007 10:35 AM

Re: Dwarf Hairgrass

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick76 (Post 310073)
Yes i cut them back to about 1/2 inch. Still no sign of anything.

Are there other plants in there? Are they growing? Try picking a group and see if there are new roots.

patrick76 06-19-2007 11:18 AM

I have dwarf hairgrass, Glossostigma, Moneywort, Anachris, Java Moss, Cryptocorynes, African bolbitis fern and Rotala rotundifolia. The glossostigma i got the same time i got my dwarf hairgrass and it has not shown any sign of growth either. The money wort i got about a month ago i think it has grown about half a inch thats it not much growth either. Yet the money wort has grown a lot of roots on it. Anachris is growing great and fast. Java Moss i got at the same time as Dwarf Hairgrass and i have not noticed it growing either. I have some Cryptocorynes and they are going great and fast. The fern has not grown at all but i hear it grows very slow. Rotala rotundifolia i just got so i can't tell you how it is growing at the moment. I pulled a group of the Dwarf Hairgrass last night and didn't look like roots were growing any.

NAL 06-19-2007 09:20 PM

I planted mine around 3 weeks ago, and see lil sprouts coming up. Nothing much though, but I haven't cut any of the original leafs. I also ordered it overseas and alot of it was brown when I got it. I think i see progress though.

patrick76 06-20-2007 12:27 PM

Looked today and saw i think one sprout comming up. Nothing much though. How about my money wart with no signs of growth there?

Yeaulman 06-20-2007 02:41 PM

What do you people do about algae or other debris getting caught on the hairgrass? It looks terrible if you look up close.

patrick76 06-21-2007 07:18 AM

I agree i have some on mine right now. When i change my water i just run my hose over the grass and it gets everything off though.

Terra Incognita 06-21-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeaulman (Post 310412)
What do you people do about algae or other debris getting caught on the hairgrass? It looks terrible if you look up close.

I use a really fine toothed comb, a toothbrush, and sometimes a fine paintbrush. All of them seem to work on getting debris out.

Yeaulman 06-22-2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

I use a really fine toothed comb, a toothbrush, and sometimes a fine paintbrush. All of them seem to work on getting debris out.
wouldnt that take a lot of time if you have a big tank?

patrick76 06-22-2007 08:45 AM

Why is my money wart not growing or anything? There is ton of root growth.

Terra Incognita 06-22-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeaulman (Post 310821)
wouldnt that take a lot of time if you have a big tank?

I suppose it would, I was sort've thinking of my own tank, which is only 2.5g. In the larger tank a fine toothed comb might still work, though. Just a very long one :-D