Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   New England Aquatic Plant Society (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/new-england-aquatic-plant-society/)
-   -   Southern NH/ Northern MA fish stores (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/new-england-aquatic-plant-society/58716-southern-nh-northern-ma-fish-stores.html)

merk1_99 01-08-2009 09:02 AM

Southern NH/ Northern MA fish stores

Any good places to buy plants in the southern NH (Nashua) area or northern MA? I have a 4 gallon nano and would like to add some more plants but all the shops I have been to in the Chelmsford area seem to only carry background large plants. I am looking for the blyxa japonica, dw hairgrass, type of stuff....I do look on the for sale forum but it would be nice to have at least one store I could go to and pick something up.

vancat 01-08-2009 09:06 AM

Re: Southern NH/ Northern MA fish stores

Uncle Ned's Fish Factory---in Millis, MA I think.

treesmcdonald 01-08-2009 10:54 AM

Hey I Merk I just called One Stop Country Pet in Brattleborough VT (looking to set up my tank again :D) and on January 23 they are having an aquatic plant seminar and plan on getting a large shipment of plants in. Might be worth checking out I have gotten decent plants there in the past.

-e

vancat 01-08-2009 11:01 AM

treesmcdonald
have you been to ned's and have I met you in the past (with NEAPS)?
penny

treesmcdonald 01-08-2009 12:34 PM

Hi Penny. :) Yes you met me my real name is Errin. I was there for the "death" of NEAPS. I went to Ned's for the tank revamp meeting and it was a great place. Its just a little out of the way for me since I am in western MA so I haven't gone back. Next time I'm in Taunton visiting my brother I plan on going back to Ned's and checking it out.

Like I said above I'm just looking into setting my a tank back up. I moved and got into breeding bettas so time has been scarce but I find myself missing the planted tank more than I enjoy breeding the bettas so I going to faze out the bettas and bring back the plants.

Once I get my set up running again I'd love to do some informal trades/meetings since I see there is still some interest out there.

-e

vancat 01-08-2009 12:37 PM

Howdy Errin!
I thought I remembered you!
penny

treesmcdonald 01-08-2009 01:00 PM

Yeah I'm memorable! Did the pictures of your tank get published? Where can I see them?

vancat 01-08-2009 01:24 PM

They didn't use my photos, but they did publish the article I wrote about my altums. (Aquarium Fish International - June 2008 issue). If I ever see you again I'll be sure to show you a copy! It's pretty cool. I was famous for 15 minutes. Sorry to hijack the thread.

merk1_99 01-09-2009 12:37 PM

I checked Ned's website looks pretty cool!

down_shift 01-09-2009 10:50 PM

If you're ever in Boston I always have trims on a regular basis.

I am willing to ship also.