Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Hawaii Discussion Area (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/hawaii-discussion-area/)
-   -   For Sale or Trade "local" (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/hawaii-discussion-area/63692-sale-trade-local.html)

Travis.808 07-10-2009 10:57 PM

For Sale or Trade "local"

I thought I'd start a thread that would be easier for us here in Hawaii to get together to trade or sell. Anyway, I was gifted some Blyxa Japonica from Nokturnalkid when I started my tank. Needless to say, it is flourishing well, maybe a bit to well. If anyone locally wants it LMK I got chee-yoke. Free. If no takers I'll bring it in to one of the LFS and see if they want it or want to trade for some fish.

oceanben 07-12-2009 12:40 PM

Re: For Sale or Trade "local"

I could be interested in a couple of plants :-) Looks like moderate light requirements, what does it like for temp. We don't have AC so my tanks in the 80deg range. drop me an email ben(at)oceanben.com or give me a call 782-1734 and I can come pick up ...

nokturnalkid 07-12-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanben (Post 482795)
I could be interested in a couple of plants :-) Looks like moderate light requirements, what does it like for temp. We don't have AC so my tanks in the 80deg range. drop me an email ben(at)oceanben.com or give me a call 782-1734 and I can come pick up ...

My tanks run warmer than that. No worries whatsoever.

Travis.808 07-13-2009 02:09 AM

Well, welcome oceanben!:welcome: I wasn't on all day, doing stuff with the wife. I can give you a call tomorrow daytime to find out how much you need. We can setup a time to get together then.

Felf808 07-13-2009 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nokturnalkid (Post 482815)
My tanks run warmer than that. No worries whatsoever.

Is that why you want to buy my fans nokturnalkid? lol

nokturnalkid 07-13-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felf808 (Post 482885)
Is that why you want to buy my fans nokturnalkid? lol

Yep, pretty much. Lol

b15ser 07-19-2009 03:27 PM

I got 10+ stems of Lagarosiphon Madagascariensis free or trade if you got something to trim. Lmk, pulling it out today.

Travis.808 07-25-2009 06:50 PM

Ok, so at some time soon, I'll be doing a semi re-scape and pulling up some of my HG. I've never done this yet and am kinda apprehensive about it. What would you recommend for the best way to uproot the HG with little to no damage?

nokturnalkid 07-25-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis.808 (Post 484955)
Ok, so at some time soon, I'll be doing a semi re-scape and pulling up some of my HG. I've never done this yet and am kinda apprehensive about it. What would you recommend for the best way to uproot the HG with little to no damage?

Just pull it out of places that you don't want it. If the rosette is connected to somewhere that you don't wanna pull it out of, then just snip right there.

maddog1240 07-31-2009 04:45 AM

Hey, I've had a pretty tough start to the "re-do" of my tank, but I'm finally ready to start planting!!!
Just wondering if anyone has these plants I'm looking for, I'd much rather get it from you guys than a pet store....

-H.C.
-Jungle vals
-Ludwigia Cuba
-Crypt Becketii
-Rotala Rotundifolia
-Utricularia Graminifolia
or
-java ferns

Let me know if you have any of these, I'd love to take them off your hands! =) (or if you know any cheap stores that carry them)
THANKS!