Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Hawaii Discussion Area (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/hawaii-discussion-area/)
-   -   For Sale or Trade "local" (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/hawaii-discussion-area/63692-sale-trade-local.html)

db8 08-25-2009 07:49 AM

Re: For Sale or Trade "local"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felf808 (Post 490338)
A zoomed 501 would be perfect for that tank

i called petco for a price check, $68 @[email protected] it should be just around $30-40. i could get the rapids mini canister filter from ebay at roughly $40 shipped. any local place selling the zoomed 501 for cheap? i don't mind buying used also, so i'm searching local forums hehe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nokturnalkid (Post 490341)
Gonna send a pm regarding hc

thanks. replied to PM.

S-KGray 08-25-2009 11:03 AM

Amazon.com and Ebay also have the Zoomed 501

db8 08-25-2009 12:30 PM

any difference between tom rapids and zoomed 501 (size etc)? i notice from the pics that tom rapids has more biological media and i guess no carbon filter and zoomed has fewer biological media to leave space for the carbon filter. they both cost roughly the same shipped.

nokturnalkid 08-25-2009 04:25 PM

Pet's discount has the zoomed, not sure on price though. The zoomed is a little better built than the toms, imo. More flow also. Oh yeah, aquascapes has the zoomed too but I would guess it might be a bit pricey there.

S-KGray 08-25-2009 04:43 PM

Yeah, I know we always have tough choices here in Hawaii, high local prices or high shipping costs. :p

What I have decided is:

1. Try to get good used stuff cheap locally (like on this forum)

2. Get online if price + shipping saves you alot over getting locally

3. Buy locally if online price + shipping will save you only a few bucks (support local business)

db8 08-25-2009 05:50 PM

yup, lurking the local forums for a used one hehe

edit: lucky ^^v found one on craigslist used for $15 and it's in ewa beach too. gonna pick it up on my way home today.

Travis.808 08-25-2009 06:40 PM

If anyone is still looking for a co2 setup I found this on CL today. Come to think of it, this prolly belongs to someone on here. :biggrin1:

Felf808 08-25-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db8 (Post 490428)
any difference between tom rapids and zoomed 501 (size etc)? i notice from the pics that tom rapids has more biological media and i guess no carbon filter and zoomed has fewer biological media to leave space for the carbon filter. they both cost roughly the same shipped.

The Tom Rapids Mini Filter is known to break at the input and output spouts on the housing(I've broken one myself). I can say that my zoomed 501 is extremely sturdy and durable.

This is the cheapest place I could find (price + shipping). Put in the code 7GGT5G for 5% off.

http://www.reptilesupply.com/product...roducts_id=404

S-KGray 08-25-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis.808 (Post 490515)
If anyone is still looking for a co2 setup I found this on CL today. Come to think of it, this prolly belongs to someone on here. :biggrin1:

Yeah, I have been looking at that, you guys think that is a good deal? I'm waiting on my brother to let me know if he wants to sell me his CO2 tank that he has for filling paintball tanks.

db8 08-25-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis.808 (Post 490515)

yeah, is that a good deal? i just might get that, if S&K isn't taking it. anything we should watch out from it?