Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Dallas Ft Worth Aquatic Plant Club (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/dallas-ft-worth-aquatic-plant-club/)
-   -   Shops in Grand Prairie-Arlington (I need a Rotala sp. Green too) (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/dallas-ft-worth-aquatic-plant-club/63918-shops-grand-prairie-arlington-i-need.html)

Fly Bob 07-22-2009 07:17 PM

Shops in Grand Prairie-Arlington (I need a Rotala sp. Green too)

Hello everyone, as I say in the title I would like to know some fish shops in Grand Prairie - Arlington area, I live here since few months and I'm not familiar with the area.
I also need to find a Rotala Green here or on the web, but actually I found nothing on iternet, do You know a good eshop for aquarium supplies and plant and fish and of course I would be glad if I'll be able to find the Rotala Green here in the area.
Thank a lot.

chunkylover817 07-22-2009 10:17 PM

Re: Shops in Grand Prairie-Arlington (I need a Rotala sp. Green too)

try true percula, although, if u come during the wrong time of the week, most of their plants that are for sale are covered in algae...the truth hurts...

Fly Bob 07-22-2009 10:33 PM

Thank You very much, I'll give it a try. I do not mind if plants are covered by algae. I'll try to clean them hoping won't be a hard task.
But first of all I have to find the Rotala Green I'm lookin for... :biggrin:
Regards.

chunkylover817 07-22-2009 10:52 PM

good luck, sometimes its a hassle finding the plants u want, even if there is a section for selling and buying on the internet, btw i always ask if a guy named chris is there, b/c i think hes the most proffesional of them all, cool to talk to too...good luck finding the plant!

Tex Gal 07-31-2009 08:38 PM

Be careful of True Percula. They have done a good job at improving their freshwater section but they still have Spirogyra in their tanks. I'm having to tear down and bleach my 10g because of the stuff. I just can't get rid of it. Thought it was clado at first but it's not. I brought it home when they got some new plants in.

davemonkey 08-01-2009 06:24 AM

Fly Bob, I'm about to do a trim on Rotala sp. 'Green'. Send me a PM if you still need some. I'm in Houston, so it'd have to be shipped, but otherwise no charge for the plants since the stems won't be that long.

-Dave

alta678 08-04-2009 08:18 PM

If you don't mind the drive, you might call The Fish Gallery in Dallas. They seem to have the best selection of plants for sale.