Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Southern California Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (SCAPE) (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/southern-california-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts-scape/)
-   -   First gathering (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/southern-california-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts-scape/6473-first-gathering.html)

Gomer 04-22-2005 10:48 AM

First gathering

what do you guys say about organizing some sort of gathering? It can be something like a group LFS invasion or maybe at someones house or maybe someone will get creative.

Keep it simple at first with getting to know each other and a bit of plant trading :)

litesky 04-22-2005 01:16 PM

that would be really nice. I'm waiting.....=)

SAWALLACE 04-23-2005 07:00 PM

count me in!

turtlehead 04-23-2005 07:05 PM

I want to come, but I need to see if anything is happening on the day we decide, LFS invasion would be nice.

SnyperP 04-24-2005 10:48 AM

Just let me know why and i'll try to make some time. IT's all really dependant on the day and how much i procrastinate with school work =p

jeff63851 04-25-2005 07:08 PM

So when is the next meeting? I'll try to help find a place. I just started the planted aquarium a few months ago and still don't have fish, only some plants. So I'm hoping to buy some rather than to buy them online. If I can't make it, then have fun!

-Jeff

adin 04-26-2005 09:46 PM

i get the impression that most of you live in OC?

John P. 04-26-2005 09:55 PM

Many of us do.

Gomer 04-27-2005 07:23 AM

I would say practically all of us are in OC with a couple perhaps in LA and SD.

If someone wants to take the lead and get some informal meeting set soon, then I'll have plants to trade :) HC, glandulosa and Cuba are in excess for me.

Here are the locations of people given by people in the original thread:
Irvine
Tustin/Irvine
Pasadena area/Riverside area(college)
Laguna
Irvine
San Juan Capistrano
Laguna Beach
Pomona
San Diego
Pasadena area.
Irvine/Cerritos
Northern Inland San Diego
Santee, Ca (East County, San Diego)
Huntington Beach
Costa Mesa/Santa Ana
Fullerton
Ontario, CA.
Irvine

UptheDownstair 04-28-2005 09:27 PM

Im all for the group lfs invasion. I think perhaps the first meeting would be too pressured meeting at someones house. It would probably be better doing that on the second or third meeting just so we know each other and are more comfortable. The best store Ive been to in my area is the Tongs on Magnolia and Waren; they have a nice selection of plants and freshwater fish plus a nice big store we could spread out in. Im sure you all have ideas of places too. Now all we have to think of is a time to do it. It should probably be a Saturday or Sunday, maybe early to mid may? If thats to soon we could shoot for later in may or the begining of June. Ill be checking back often to see what the status is!
-David