Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Connecticut Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/connecticut-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts/)
-   -   Hey there (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/connecticut-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts/71012-hey-there.html)

kingken 05-10-2010 12:27 PM

Hey there

Hey guys, I'm just getting into planted aquariums, and I was wondering if I could join your club =P
Also, I'm looking for some nice foreground plants for my first planted tank(a 10gal) I really like riccia sp. dwarf, and riccia fluitans if anyone has some they want to sell =)

-Ken

khanzer22 05-14-2010 11:16 AM

Re: Hey there

Hey Kingken, welcome to APC! And should I also say welcome to CAPE (Connecticut Aquatic Plant Enthusiast)... Definitely you can join the club, and if you want more information, you can PM Zapins here on APC and send him your email address so you'll get his future announcements/communications... We're going to have another plant club meet this month (not sure of the date and place) so hope to see you there!

Zapins 06-08-2010 09:20 AM

Hey, I can't remember if you contacted me or not? I don't think I've seen you at the meetings yet, but if you are still interested you should let me know! The next meeting is going to be a blast!

kingken 06-08-2010 09:35 AM

I talked to you through E-mail about the next meeting([email protected]) And I will be almost certainly attending the next meeting, looking forward to meeting you all =)

-Ken

Riverboa 06-08-2010 10:03 AM

KingKen,
I have plenty of riccia (I hate this weed). In fact I just threw away a volley ball sized chunk this weekend. They are near impossible to get rid once establish in your tank. So let me know if you're still interested, I am sure I'll have another volley ball sized chunk soon.

-Riverboa

Zapins 06-08-2010 10:20 AM

If you have the mini riccia version I'd love to buy some too!

Riverboa 06-08-2010 11:05 AM

Michael, I am not sure which version I have, likely fluittans. It's free if you want them. I'll bring some with me for the meet.

khanzer22 06-08-2010 12:00 PM

Ooh plant trade/swap, I likes! Michael, please bring some Elatine Triandra if you have some to spare... Will follow-up next week if I'm good to go in the meet :)... I'd like to add that plant to my 37gal setup (on the works)... Anybody else want something???

Riverboa 06-10-2010 10:46 AM

Khanzer,
I would like to try new mosses if you have them. I have java, fissidens and taiwan moss.

I have also been looking for some bolbitis.

khanzer22 06-10-2010 12:11 PM

Don't have it no more, I just gave away my last moss from the plant package I sold... Although Michael can hook you up as he got 5 diff varieties of it (I only remember weeping and xmas out of 5) :)