Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Connecticut Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/connecticut-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts/)
-   -   Swap Meet... (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/connecticut-aquatic-plant-enthusiasts/78168-swap-meet.html)

Texex94 04-25-2011 11:39 AM

Swap Meet...

Hi All,

I wanted to guage interest in CAPE members for a swap meet. I am anticipating having to move in the near future since I was recently "adapted to scale" at my company. I may be here through the summer, but if something comes up, I will have to bolt and there is a lot of stuff I don't want to move. I have a ton of aquarium equipment and hardscape material that I'd like to see go to members who could use it including additives, driftwood, rocks, some small tanks, and other miscellaneous stuff. I should have some time next Saturday, so if anyone is interested in meeting, we can try to find a central location for everyone....

If there is interest, I'll post pics of the stuff. Let me know and I'll make sure to get it up here.

Texex94

vancat 04-25-2011 12:22 PM

Re: Swap Meet...

I have interest

LiveHumanSkeleton 04-25-2011 01:23 PM

I have a tank I'm trying to set up at some point, so this certainly has potential. I'd like to get a better sense of what your offering though before making any commitments.

asukawashere 04-25-2011 01:49 PM

If by next Saturday you mean the 30th, it would depend on the time - there are a few things I need to be doing to finish up school. The weekend after that I'm free, though. If we do have a swap meet at a time I'm free, I'd be very interested.

Texex94 04-25-2011 07:07 PM

Fell asleep on the couch. I'll post pics tomorrow night. :)

LiveHumanSkeleton 04-25-2011 07:54 PM

Hey, it happens to the best of us. By the way, as far as a possible meeting location is concerned--where exactly in CT are you located?

Texex94 04-26-2011 09:01 AM

I'm located in Colchester, which is a ways from everyone. I'd be willing to meet somewhere in the middle if everyone is game. Anyone looking for some tanks? I have a 29G setup with both hood (wired for 2X55 watt CF bulbs) and the matching stand. Very nice looking setup. I am also looking at getting rid of a 28G bowfront setup with a Coralife fixture.

Anyway, looking at the calendar, this Saturday (30th April) will not work for me. However, next Saturday (May 7) would work barring any potential travel plans for interviews.... I'll load up my truck with all the stuff and let people pick and choose. I'll also be sure to prune what I have in my tanks and bring it to the meet. If people are game for that day, shoot me an idea of where everyone is located in CT and we'll pick a central location.

Thanks!

Riverboa 04-26-2011 09:39 AM

I am interested, my location is Norwalk CT. Don't mind travelling if it is not too far.

LiveHumanSkeleton 04-26-2011 10:52 AM

I'm in Bridgeport, but I can deal with a car ride that gets me where I need to be in under an hour.

Texex94 04-26-2011 11:38 AM

Is there a centralized location that people are willing to meet at? Throw out some ideas and I can look into it.