Aquatic Plant Central

Aquatic Plant Central (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/index.php)
-   Dallas Ft Worth Aquatic Plant Club (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/dallas-ft-worth-aquatic-plant-club/)
-   -   Kribensis - pelvicachromis puncher (https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/dallas-ft-worth-aquatic-plant-club/80224-kribensis-pelvicachromis-puncher.html)

alexopolus 08-25-2011 10:20 PM

Kribensis - pelvicachromis puncher

Kribensis, lots of them!!! I can trade them for plants, shrimps, bubble gum, or something else...(free):rolleyes:

Tex Gal 08-26-2011 08:39 AM

Re: Kribensis - pelvicachromis puncher

SO, yours bred for you huh? We loved to watch them. Had to finally get rid of them because we couldn't take all those babies! Good luck!

alexopolus 08-26-2011 09:02 AM

Actually I have 3 Breeding Pair!!! 2 of them have eggs, so they have all the other 15 in a corner :P

jasonmemo 08-26-2011 09:05 AM

i'm guessing these fish can't be in tropical tank~

alexopolus 08-26-2011 09:16 AM

they can! I have them in a tropical setup... the only problem is that you have to setup a small cave for them to hide, if you dont, they will make one!!!! (they will dig!!) Mine hadn't mess with any of my plants and are very easy to take care of. I have them in 2 diferents tanks one with soft water and ph6.4 and the other ph 8, and they are just fine.
Not good with shrimp or snails.

Tex Gal 08-26-2011 10:26 AM

We had a breeding pair twice. Once we had them in Bill's tank and once in mine. They dug themselves a nest and went right to work. We had so many. They didn't really disturb the plants. They decided where they wanted to dig on the first try. They raised batches of fry in a completely stocked community tank both times and raise most all the fry to a size where they all pretty much made it to adult hood. They are excellent parents and were fun to watch.

Tex Guy 08-26-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex Gal (Post 603854)
We had a breeding pair twice. Once we had them in Bill's tank and once in mine. They dug themselves a nest and went right to work. We had so many. They didn't really disturb the plants. They decided where they wanted to dig on the first try. They raised batches of fry in a completely stocked community tank both times and raise most all the fry to a size where they all pretty much made it to adult hood. They are excellent parents and were fun to watch.

But woe is you if you ever want to get them out of the tank. I still have one that refuses to be caught. Tex Gal had the nerve to ask me if I wanted her to get me a female!:help::help::help:

jasonmemo 08-26-2011 05:25 PM

are the aggressive? i have neon tetra and platy along with a male betta. Would that work?

jasonmemo 08-26-2011 05:26 PM

and what kind of cave?

Ekrindul 08-26-2011 05:43 PM

They can be aggressive. I got rid of mine when I got my pearl gouramis, as he wasn't going to share his space with them. I've kept them with amano shrimp though. The krib ignored them completely. Cherry shrimp probably won't fair so well. My krib also evicted any fish he didn't like from the bottom 5 inches of the tank, except for the gouramis. He went to the surface to get at them, he hated them so much. But platy will just get harassed; neons will probably be ignored until breeding occurs. Then who knows what they will attack.