Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters - Sacramento Aquatic Plants Society (SAPS) - Aquatic Plant Central

Go Back   Aquatic Plant Central > Local or Regional Clubs - (Click button on right to expand) > Sacramento Aquatic Plants Society (SAPS)

Sacramento Aquatic Plants Society (SAPS) Meet and trade with other hobbyists in the Sacramento Aquatic Plants Society.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 53
iTrader Ratings: 0
Uncle Rico is a regular member
Default Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters

I want some SAE to get rid of some hair algae problems I've been having. I plan on ordering some true SAE online and was wondering if anyone wanted to get in on this with me and we can split shipping(which costs a bundle). I was thinking aquariumfish.net. I commute from Vacaville to Sacramento every weekday, so if anyone anywhere along that commute wanted to get in on it let me know.

Raj
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]
Old 01-17-2008, 06:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 123
iTrader Ratings: 3
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
SimplyOrange is a regular member
Default Re: Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters

have you checked FishPlanet in the Arden area and Capitol Aquarium in downtown?
they have SAE's. call ahead if they have them in stock and prices.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 53
iTrader Ratings: 0
Uncle Rico is a regular member
Default Re: Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrange View Post
have you checked FishPlanet in the Arden area and Capitol Aquarium in downtown?
they have SAE's. call ahead if they have them in stock and prices.

Capital Aquarium said they only carried flying foxes. Fishplanet said they have them (well right now they only have one) but I have to actually go there to make sure they are true siamese algae eaters. I suspect it will be a false one but I'll check it out.
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-18-2008, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 123
iTrader Ratings: 3
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
SimplyOrange is a regular member
Default Re: Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Capital Aquarium said they only carried flying foxes. Fishplanet said they have them (well right now they only have one) but I have to actually go there to make sure they are true siamese algae eaters. I suspect it will be a false one but I'll check it out.

nope capitol had them, dont know if they are saying that they only have flying fox right now but when i bought one (months ago, sorry) i checked the bands and they were jagged and not smooth.
check out the tank across the turtle tank at the top and very end of the row.

i might be heading towards there if i do i'll stop by and check it out.

remember to question the employees. lol.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 53
iTrader Ratings: 0
Uncle Rico is a regular member
Default Re: Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrange View Post
nope capitol had them, dont know if they are saying that they only have flying fox right now but when i bought one (months ago, sorry) i checked the bands and they were jagged and not smooth.
check out the tank across the turtle tank at the top and very end of the row.

i might be heading towards there if i do i'll stop by and check it out.

remember to question the employees. lol.

Oh cool, at least they had them at one time, maybe they will get some in later. If you checked that out for me that would be awesome, I would really appreciate that . I hope the "flying foxes" have some SAE mixed in with them or better yet they actually are SAE.
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 123
iTrader Ratings: 3
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
SimplyOrange is a regular member
Default Re: Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Oh cool, at least they had them at one time, maybe they will get some in later. If you checked that out for me that would be awesome, I would really appreciate that . I hope the "flying foxes" have some SAE mixed in with them or better yet they actually are SAE.

i didnt go to capitol on friday but i'll be there to meet up with ringram to pickup some of his cherry shrimps sat afternon. i'll pop in and see.

when i did buy some sae's i stood there for 10mins with my face up to the tank looking at them and i didnt see any smooth bands in the group.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 123
iTrader Ratings: 3
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
SimplyOrange is a regular member
Default Re: Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters

yeah they have SAE's and Flying Foxes in separate tanks.

the SAE's are across the turtle tank and there's a lot of them. i forget the regular price but they have a 2 for $6 at the moment. the Flying Foxes are by the SW tanks. i was at FishPlanet but was just in and out for some feeder whiteclouds.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 53
iTrader Ratings: 0
Uncle Rico is a regular member
Default Re: Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters

Oh cool, thanks a lot! I'm gonna go get on that Monday.
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 123
iTrader Ratings: 3
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
SimplyOrange is a regular member
Default Re: Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters

no problem.
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Aquatic Plant Central > Local or Regional Clubs - (Click button on right to expand) > Sacramento Aquatic Plants Society (SAPS) > Split shipping on Siamese Algae Eaters

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1