Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - El natural tub cycling
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Bwooster

iTrader Ratings: 0
Bwooster is a regular member
Default Re: El natural tub cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reediculous_nanotank View Post
In my tanks floating plants take care of ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate beautifully, but if you have an emergency and get high ammonia levels and you've got Seachem Prime you can always overdose it to detoxify ammonia. Among other things like removing chlorine, Prime converts ammonia to ammonium, which isn't nearly as toxic. I think there might even be instructions on the bottle for using it to treat ammonia. They also have Amguard, which does the same thing.

PS: Cool looking set-up. Ive wanted to do an all pots sort of thing like this. They always look so nice and tidy, haha. Is that a "sensitive plant" growing up above the water line near the bottom of your picture?
Thank you for your advice! I'll try to get some seachem prime.

Glad you like the set-up! Been wanting to do it for a while, I'm waiting for it to fill up so it gets a little bit more of a pond look. I also figured it was a "modular" way of keeping my favourite plants and moving them easily when the time comes.

You saw correctly, that is a small cutting of a water sensitive plant (Aeschynomene fluitans). I really hope it will adapt and spread nicely.
Bwooster is offline   Reply With Quote