Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - DFW Aquatic Plant Club Meeting Sunday, September 8th at 2pm
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
ElektroPR

iTrader Ratings: 0
ElektroPR is a regular member
Default Re: DFW Aquatic Plant Club Meeting Sunday, September 8th at 2pm

Hi everyone,

I'm setting up a 40 Breeder Aquarium at the front office of my school. The tank is already up with water. I used a 40 lb of Eco-Complete, a Nicrew ClassicLed Plus (30"-36"), a Penguin 350B (super cheap $20), I added 2 foam blocks of Poret from SwissTropical to the Penguin (the filter has room for extra media). I was planning of using a 3D background but was too expensive so end up using a printed background like a photo. Looks OK. If you want to see pictures and/or help set this tank click the following link to see the original post - I don't want to spam here ).

https://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/...ium-setup.html

The reason I'm posting this here is because I need some plants. The plants needs to be bullet proof because the tank will be maintain by our office manager and she is new to the hobby. I made a list of plants that are suppose to be hard to kill.

I would love to host one meeting on our school to get this tank aquascape by the pros. If its possible feel free to let me know. I already mentioned it to the principal and she likes the idea. In the meantime I want to put something in the tank. They grew tire of seeing the tank bare. Here is the list of plants I found to be sort of bulletproof. If any of you attending the meeting has trims please bring them to the meeting. Thanks.

Floating and Other Plants
Frogbit
Marimo Moss Ball
Java Moss
Susswassertang

Background and Stem Plants
Vallisneria "Jungle Val"
Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus
Echinodorus Grisebachii or Echinodorus Amazonicus "Amazon Sword"
Microsorum Pteropus "Java Fern"
Mint Bacopa "Bacopa Caroliniana"
Carolina Fanwort "Cabomba Caroliniana"