Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Tiny species of pest Ramshorn snail
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Reediculous_nanotank

iTrader Ratings: 0
Reediculous_nanotank is a regular member
Default Tiny species of pest Ramshorn snail

Hi everyone,

I got a few plants from another local hobbyist which unfortunately introduced a very tiny type of Ramshorn snail. They are the ones with a very flat disk shaped shell (not like the fancy ramshorns that a lot of people like to keep) and they only grow to be a few millimeters across. I'm having a lot of trouble getting rid of them (I know they are harmless, but I don't want them mixing with the shrimp colony I am planning to start, for feeding reasons). I believe my Betta, who became constipated and stopped eating, may have eaten too many of them (shell and all). They are in a 10g with a few Ensler guppies.

So far I have put in an assassin snail, but after 10 days the assassin nearly stopped moving, so I think he was not eating these snails and was starving. I've now bought a dwarf chain loach, which I am hoping will go to work. I even dewormed the whole tank a while back, and these tiny snails pulled through.

If the loach doesn't work, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking to eradicate them, not just control the population.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Reediculous_nanotank is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]