Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - [Wet Thumb Forum]-heater home (removing heater from tank)
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 06:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
kherman

iTrader Ratings: 0
kherman is a regular member

"Now if only I could figure out how to get no sureface movement I think it would be ok!"

What if you added a cap to the outlet piece and drilled holes into the back of the outlet section as to throw water onto the back piece of glass of the aquarium. Then the water would be "thrown" onto the back of the glass, then falling down the glass and into the aquarium. This might limit splashing and turbuance on the surface.

You also need one big hold near the top as to act as an "uh-oh" over flow to prevent water from backing up and falling out of the aquarim. A threaded cap on top of hte whole unit might be a good idea.

---- OR ----

Or you could just extend the overflow toa ctually go into the water. That would eliminate movement and don't think a small piece sticking into the water from the top will be very noticable.

------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/kfh227- go there and see my future fish section to see what I have planned for my next 100+ gallon tank.
Note: I havn't maintained the site lately.
kherman is offline   Reply With Quote