Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Diseased Fish
Thread: Diseased Fish
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 01:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
dwalstad

iTrader Ratings: 0
dwalstad is a regular member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven_wilde
One last question about TB: if indeed this is TB, wouldn't it have spread by now to the other fish in my tank? The Rams and Rasboras do not seem to be at all affected, which it why I thought this was NTD, as they have all been together for at least 6 months.... the tetras I've had for about a year, their tankmates were added later, before these symptoms began to manifest in... hmmm... late october/early november of last year.

Anyway, I'm hoping that by putting down the tetras next week (as I'm planning a massive rescaping of that tank and will be taking everything out) some sort of end will be found to this. Short of UV sterilization (these gadgets are little beyond my buying power at the moment), is there any other route to take precaution-wise?
I wouldn't panic unless I see the other fish come down with it.

Here's a link to 'Neon Tetra disease', attributed to a parasite not tuberculosis bacteria. Sad to say, but either disease is incurable and can spread to other fish species.

http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/di...eondisease.htm

In any event, the sooner you can remove the infected fish from the tank, the better.
dwalstad is offline   Reply With Quote