Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - GFCI Outlets - We should all have one!
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
wiste
Senior Member
 
wiste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 438
iTrader Ratings: 0
wiste is a regular member
Default

Definitely will add that to the to-do list.

Generally, you have to be a bit unlucky to die from a shock from a fish tank. Probably would have to complete a path across your heart.

So, if the circuit to ground is not completed until you touch the tank, I assume that the GFCI would stop you from being shocked for too long. The time delay for the GFCI to open would be good to know. I guess that if it is complies with Underwriters Laboratories it is good-to-go.

Anyone ever shocked with a GFCI in the system.

Side note: IME, shocks hurt much more and are more likely with saltwater.
wiste is offline   Reply With Quote