Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Good LFS in or near Toronto?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Adrian 
#1 ·
My wife and I are vacationing in Niagara Falls this upcoming week and we may visit Toronto. Are there any good LFSs to visit? I'm looking into possibly bringing back some Tropica plants. :)

#2 ·
I'm not sure about fish stores in Canada, but there is a very very good fish store with a very wide variety of plants near Buffalo. It's called "The Fish Place" and heres the address: 141 Robinson Street North Tonawanda, NY 14120. This is the phone number (716)-693-4411 and here are the hours: Mon.-Fri. 12-9, Sat. 10-6, Sun. 11-5.

#7 ·
Is there anything else besides Big Al's ?

For me the inly store worth visiting is the Big Al's, and specifically one located in a plaza opposite of Canadian Tire store in Yonge/Steels area.

They have the biggest plant selection and good quality. They also seem to know how to recognize true SAE from others.

Other Big Al's in the vicinity seem to neglect plants, but sometimes they also get something interesting.

Just be ready for the sticker shock when you enter - somehow the prices almost double on this side of the border.

Can anyone point me in a different direction for quality and plant selection other than Big Al's?

Enjoy the Falls!!!

Adrian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.