Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - New Tank Setup Guide - Parts 1 and 2
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 12:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Jimbo205

iTrader Ratings: 4
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
Jimbo205 is a valuable member of the community Jimbo205 is a valuable member of the community

Quote:
A lot of us throw out a bunch of plants on a regular basis because our local stores don't want them and selling them can be a hassle sometimes.
I take my 'pot of gold' with me when I can to the local fish store and leave the bucket with them. I hope that they eventually give me credit for something (Seachem Excel). Of course it is also fun to hear the staff talk about it when I have time to visit. The young kids really like the quality of the plants that I can bring in. Of course to me it is just Rotala, but then again you should see the tiny 'bunches' that they sell. In a way, they need it more than I do. And I can't yet imagine throwing out my 'pot of gold'. I would bury my 'pot of gold' under my substrate first to create bio-available carbon. Diana refers to it as biological 'fast food' carbon.

Thank you for all the good information. I look forward to the Hemianthus Micranthemoides. Do you know I looked that name up in Merriam-Webster's to see where the name came from and it wasn't there! Where should I look it up? The meaning of the name I mean.
Jimbo205 is offline   Reply With Quote