Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Secret for miniizing losses with fragile fish???
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Six
r'bow lover

iTrader Ratings: 77
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
Six is a regular member
Default Re: Secret for miniizing losses with fragile fish???

Well, I guess I'm glad there are high school kids and college kids working in pet stores. that's a good place to start out in the world of working a great place to get interested in keeping and maintaining fish. Sure, not everyone is a fish nerd or know it all- but who is?

I have worked for almost every fish business in Columbus in the last 8 years. Being a college student I work on and off, so I never stayed for long or worked FT after 2003. Saying that kinda sounds sad, but it's paid off. I have a great base of friends and knowledge and can always get any fish i'm interested by asking, or finding a friend to order with. With school, it's all about money and time, so right now I have simple set ups and simple maintenaince. It's working well for me. I currently work in a marine specific store in Gahanna once a week to supplement my wages at another job while going to school at OSU.

Anywho- I've seen and done almost everything as far as acclimation goes. I've seen wild fish live and die in QT. I've seen it vary from season to season. I've seen it vary with medications, temperature, and pH. It's a lot of information, and it's quite elaborate- really it's a science unto its own.
Six is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]