Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Seachem Dosing Calculator/Chart
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Left C

iTrader Ratings: 3
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
Left C is a regular member
Default Re: Seachem Dosing Calculator/Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe1329 View Post
Thanks for posting all of this. I just had one question, which is probably a product of my cro-magnon computational skills.

In your directions for mixing up a batch of KH2P04 equivalent to Seachem Phosphorous, you say to add 3/4 tsp of KH2P04 to 500 ml of distilled water.

I read in a sticky on the Tom Barr forum that Greg Watson's advice for dosing a 60-80 gallon tank with the DI method is to add +/- 3/16 tsp of KH2PO4 3 times a week.
Hi Mike

You're welcome.

Don't confuse this dosing plan with EI, PPS, PPS-Pro, etc. It is a separate dosing plan altogether different that Seachem has provided using their ferts. I just used the online calculators to use dry ferts for their liquid ferts in the Using – Mixing Dry Chemicals for Seachem’s Dosing part of this thread.

These solutions are not based on the EI dosing plan or any other dosing plan. They are solely based on the Seachem Calculator/Chart at their recommended levels that are provided in the very first post as an Excel spread sheet attachment.

This is a lean dosing plan and you can adjust it as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpe1329 View Post
That's about 1/2 a tsp of KH2PO4 a week or, according to your formula, about 3/4 of a 500 ml bottle of Seachem Flourish. Is that right?

Thanks,

Mike
Seachem's Flourish is basically a micronutrient fert with a small amount of macro ferts mixed in. I'm sure that you meant to say Flourish Phosphorus instead.

Have I got your question answered?

Left C

Last edited by Left C; 10-20-2007 at 11:21 AM..
Left C is offline   Reply With Quote