Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - READ BEFORE POSTING!! APC For Sale Forum Rules
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
AaronT

iTrader Ratings: 201
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
AaronT is a valuable member of the community AaronT is a valuable member of the community AaronT is a valuable member of the community
Default re: READ BEFORE POSTING!! APC For Sale Forum Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_one View Post
In this very thread, Cavan Allen... Moderator... says: You can post WTB posts before you have 25 posts. The 25 rule only applies to sellers.

Also, Dennis... a Supporting Member... says: You can post that you want to buy(wtb) plants or equipment. A person with less than 25 posts cannot sell only, buying or trading is perfectly acceptable.

based on these two comments, and me being new... I simply thought something was wrong, so I asked.

yes I could easily get 25 posts, but I am not always here for long, and will not go and litter a forum with 25 useless posts, just so I can get to 25. I post when I have something to say.

sorry if I offended anyone... I had no issue... was not trying to be impatient... it was simply a question.

"Yowzers".
Those responses were posted before we changed the rule. We had too many people ignoring the 25 post count rule before posted for sale ads so we changed the software to keep people from posting anything in the for sale forum until 25 posts are reached. You should still be able to PM sellers about whatever it is they have for sale. Unfortunately, posting WTB ads will now also have to wait for 25 posts to be completed.

It's not a perfect system, but I can assure you that the spirit of the rule is to keep people from abusing our forum and to encourage contribution to the community. Sorry for the confusion.