Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - SWOAPE Technology Directives
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 08:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
megasycophant

iTrader Ratings: 3
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
megasycophant is a regular member
Lightbulb SWOAPE Technology Directives

In light of the recent discussion regarding club officers, I'd like to suggest a new position and nominate myself. Heck, guess it need not even be a position. Wondering what's going on with the SWOAPE web site / presence, and would like to volunteer to take responsibility for such things. We've obviously got a forum to support day-in-day out activities, and our initial directives should encompass leveraging this resource rather than superseding it, though we may want to revisit this course once we've accomplished some of these other directives. In short, we should utilize available technologies for the growth of the club and to facilitate internal communication and coordination. Just off the top of my head, some goals may be (longer or shorter term):
  • Integration of online resources with the club website to offer a single point of information access to SWOAPE members, to include:
    • Membership directory (probably initially a directory of links to APC profile information)
    • Integration of APC SWOAPE forum
    • Annotated directory of useful online resources
  • Dynamic content management facilitating:
    • club officers to record and report club activities (meeting notes, financials, resources, etc)
    • articles written by club members
    • club news / newsletter publication
    • club member tank profiles / species listings / etc
  • Promotion of synergies between the online resources of SWOAPE and other clubs

There is a lot that can be accomplished with little or no cost to the club, especially since our bandwidth needs will be minimal.
megasycophant is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]