Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Tiny super efficient CO2 reactor
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #85 (permalink)
hoppycalif

iTrader Ratings: 22
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
hoppycalif is a valuable member of the community hoppycalif is a valuable member of the community hoppycalif is a valuable member of the community
Default Re: Tiny super efficient CO2 reactor

There are some advantages to having CO2 mist in the tank vs. having all of the CO2 dissolved before it enters the tank. The primary advantage is that so many of us tried this and got better results with the plants. A secondary advantage is that the fish are very sensitive to excessive dissolved CO2, but not necessarily to microbubbles of CO2 in the water. So, you can get more CO2 available to the plants with CO2 mist.

It is still a personal choice issue. Many of us don't like the seltzer water appearance you can get with CO2 mist, and it does use more CO2. I have used both the CO2 mist and an external reactor. Both work. Right now I have one of these little reactors set up in my 46 gallon tank, with a Koralia powerhead above it to catch and blow around any bubbles that escape, and lots do. It's too soon to say if this is working well or if I really like it.
hoppycalif is offline   Reply With Quote