Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - SWOAPE Member Introductions
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 10:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
lnblues

iTrader Ratings: 0
lnblues is a regular member
Default Re: SWOAPE Member Introductions

Hello everyone. My name is Larry 59 years old 4 kids and 4 grand kids. I started keeping aquariums back in 1974. Member of GAAS Greater Akron Aquarium Society and back then BAP Master Breeder of 5 different species. I had a fish room and about 20 tanks back then. Angles have my heart having had a breeding pair that raised their own young. I have not had a tank up since moving to Columbus in 1986. My Grandson and my daughter kept asking questions about keeping their tank and I decided it was time I put one up again. I started with a 20 I still had all the equipment for in the basement. The top of the stand was empty and I discovered that they make a 37 gallon that would fit it. I decided I wanted something I had never tried before. A planted tank. Lots of $$ later CO2, 130watts of CF and Eco Complete. 3 white clouds 9 angle fish 2 clown loachs 3 Otos I'm still fighting the algae but loving the look.

Now I'm in deep again. Bought a 125 off ebay for $415 and it has taker over my living room and soon my wallet. So welcome me in I'm all ears. Looking for substrate lighting c02 and filter advice. Oh yea don't forget about the plants. That seems to be the cheep part.

My wife asked that I consult her before making another purchase like that one. But she will love it.

I also am into One Design Sailboat racing having bought my boat last year.
lnblues is offline   Reply With Quote