Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - CO2 system suggestions for a 75gl tank
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 07:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
ray-the-pilot
Moved on

iTrader Ratings: 0
ray-the-pilot is a regular member
Default Re: CO2 system suggestions for a 75gl tank

As usual, I do not agree with anyone here.

Firstly. I have a pH controlled CO2 system and it is working great. For those people who say that CO2 doesn’t change you pH much let me point out that I am running a 4 gH, 2 kH tank and when I turn off the CO2 the pH goes to about 8.0 with CO2 "on" and CO2 at about 15 -20 ppm, the pH is 6.7. (facts not stuff off the top of my head).
If you are going to run a planted aquarium you will not want a lot of phosphates in your water anyway; so, they are not a problem with pH. Check you kH and PO4 regularly and get an extra hand held pH meter. The handheld and tank meter need to be calibrated regularly against reference solutions (which are an expense item along with an occasional new electrode).

There are some things about the AP system that I don’t like.
The reactor has to be in your tank and is big and ugly. Find one that works in-line. If you can switch to the AP.com “Best regulator in the world” do that. It can regulate the CO2 flow better.

Even with the AP.com system “as is” you will have way more control over your aquarium.
ray-the-pilot is offline   Reply With Quote