Aquatic Plant Central - View Single Post - Automatic Continuous Feeder - DIY
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jackalope

iTrader Ratings: 1
iTrader Positive Rating: 100%
Jackalope is a regular member
Default Re: Automatic Continuous Feeder - DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapins View Post
I wonder if someone knows of a good place to get low dose peristaltic pumps. I hear that washing machine pumps for detergent are suitable for FW fertilizer dosing (in this case food dosing too). They don't dose more than a few mL per minute, so with a digital timer off ebay you can have the pump run for 1 minute which would be equivalent. My friend bought a few of them for 50 euros. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a dishwasher replacement part site yet where they sell spare parts. Anyone got a source for cheap pumps?
What washing machine brand would that be? Or dishwashing machine as you said in a later post. If you can get me a part number, and a brand, I can look it up and give you an idea where to buy it and how much it cost's Then your friend can do a writup with pics and we'll all benefit.

Not intending to crap this thread, but I was looking for a DIY autofeeder that would do large doses of dry feed (pellets, discs, nibbles, etc.), as in 100 rainbow trout or Koi in a pond, that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, plus your firstborn male child lol.
Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote